This year I have put in my full effort in to PE class. I have brought my gym strip to every single PE class, put effort in to the various activities that we have done and encouraged myself to keep pushing it to my limits. I have never skipped PE class at all this year. The only time I was absent was either because of India or I was sick. An example of pushing myself to my limits is when we played 'Speedball'. Even though I did not like to play that I always kept myself moving. I never stood around and did nothing. When someone encouraged me to try even harder I did just that.
In this category I think I deserve an A.
Social Responsibility and Contribution to Class
Every year I try to improve myself further and further. What I found out that worked best with me was to work with people who are older than I am. In this case it was the Grade 10's. During fitness days and regular classes I would be with Arjun, Gurjap and Abishek. The reason why I stayed with them was because it was a positive environment for me to be in. We all encouraged each other to push past our limits. We showed leadership to the students around us as well. For example if a student were to be walking during an activity I would go up to them and encourage them to run or do whatever the activity was. I have always encouraged others to take part in the activities that we are doing rather than just standing around. I also bring a positive energy to this class and play by the rules. For example if I were to get hit in a game of Dodgeball I wouldn't pretend like I didn't get hit. I'd walk off to the side and sit down. Another example of me bringing positive energy would be when I play badminton. At the beginning of the game I wish the opponent "Good Luck!" and at the end of the game I shake their hand and say "Good game".
In this section I think I deserve an A.
Healthy Living
Another big thing that I worked on this year would be my overall eating habits. I've cut down on eating a lot of snacks and started to eat more healthier snacks. In the beginning of the year I used to never eat breakfast and sometimes eat lunch. But now, I eat breakfast lunch and dinner. During lunch and dinner I eat a lot more protein than I used to. These proteins consist of chicken, tofu and beans. I've also cut down on eating fattening things such as chips, cookies and drinking pop. Instead, I now resort to eating granola bars, drinking chocolate milk and eating yogurt.
In this category I think I deserve an A.
Digital Portfolio
In this category I haven't put my full effort in to my blogs. I hardly have any posts and the posts that I do have, have been done in class. I absolutely do need to work on doing PE blogs if I do ever have to do them again. For the blog posts I do have, I show no evidence what so ever to prove that I did any of these.
In this category I think I deserve an F.
Overall, I think that I deserve a C in this class. Even though my blog is lacking a lot of requirements I think that I deserve a C because of all the effort I put in to living healthy and trying my absolute hardest in class.
Thank you for finally doing this Amrit. Unfortunately you have not used the criteria for the pillar break down. Without any blog posts you have no way of demonstrating Active Living. Therefore you have 0/25 and 3/25 for your blog. That means if you are a B for Participation and a B for Social responsibility (20/25 each) you are at 43% for the year. You have had some really great days in class BUT all year we talked and talked about how much more is required to demonstrate your learning. I will give you 50% for this year but you need to listen and follow through next year. Now you know this wasn't a teacher trick… the kids with 50 posts were listening and engaging on a way more cognitive level than you could without doing the work. It has been a HUGE focus all year, every single report card home said check the blog… you chose not to do it. Have a good summer and bring you brain to PE in grade 10. :)
ReplyDelete